Whirlpool and Brita central water filtration systems require minimal maintenance. The internal filter is programmed to be cleaned every 14 days. To keep the filter in good condition, it is important to rinse, clean and drain it regularly. Maintenance and cleaning of storage tanks (if used) is also necessary.
Today, several types of water treatment technologies are used in public water and wastewater facilities. These treatments include flocculation, aeration, coagulation, filtration, lime softening, disinfection, etc. Many of these same concepts have been reduced and are used in residential point-of-entry equipment. Despite this, some impurities can pass through public systems.
In addition, the chemicals used in public systems are reacting with the aging and deterioration of the distribution system's pipes, so homeowners want to receive more treatment for their peace of mind. Buying and installing a home water filtration unit is a great first step in providing clean, healthy water for you and your family. Regular testing is also important to ensure that the system is working as it should. Residential water treatment technologies can include reverse osmosis (RO) systems, whole-house filters, water softeners, UV lights, ionizers, etc. The easiest water filtration system maintenance you can perform is to replace the filter regularly.
The following is a guide to maintaining the functionality of the entire filtration system in your home or under the sink.
Tips for Maintaining a Water Filtration SystemThe filter medium can also accumulate bacteria or mold, or degrade so much over time that holes form in the cartridge, allowing trapped contaminants to re-contaminate the water. By considering the following tips, preventive maintenance of a water system can be done effectively:
- Rinse, clean and drain the filter regularly to keep it in good condition
- Replace the filter regularly
- Shock chlorinate the well if you detect microbiological contamination or if 3 to 5 years have passed since the last time you performed shock chlorination
- Use due diligence to find an accredited distributor of water treatment technologies
- Over time, dirt, encrustations and other impurities from the well water supply accumulate inside the filter housing
- Sani Water consultants can help their customers with the necessary maintenance of the products they recommended and installed
ConclusionMaintaining a water filtration system is essential for ensuring clean and healthy drinking water for you and your family.
Regularly replacing filters and shock chlorinating wells will help keep your system functioning properly for years to come.